According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are a result of sewer backups. The estimated cost of sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Stevenson Service Experts can help by ensuring you have a backflow assembly as a safeguard to avoid sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in Dayton don’t realize they are accountable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Stevenson Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and proficiency to take care of everything and anything associated to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Popular Causes of Sewer Backup
- Blockages in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is the cause of your sewer to fail or become congested, make sure to contact us at 937-503-7896
the second you notice a problem to evade as much, sometimes pricey, harm to your home and plumbing arrangement as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be sure you are throwing away trash the right way.
- Dumping grease down your drain will cause a obstruction in the line and become a clog.
- Disposing of any paper products except toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) in the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Stevenson Service Experts install and oversee a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Stevenson Service Experts to check for illegal plumbing connections and mend them if found. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will ultimately clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from hindering your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Stevenson Service Experts today at 937-503-7896
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs.