Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can crack windows for crisp air and your energy bill is generally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your furnace or cooling.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are some suggestions for saving energy in Dayton and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Schedule Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy charges less expensive.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is a smart time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in updated air conditioning systems is a big plus in keeping your electricity charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on home comfort expenses. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Learning how to expertly use your thermostat is the best way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the cheaper your air conditioning cost will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or shut it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can take advantage of several other things to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your house comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Think About Using a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and change the temp when you’re not around to help you save on your bills. You can also set the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These expert suggestions will all help keep summer energy costs less expensive. If you think it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 937-503-7896 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right fit for your space. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.