Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for crisp air and your energy bill is generally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your furnace or cooling.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a few tips for saving energy in Dayton and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Book Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and trim costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy expenses less expensive.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a smart time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in updated AC systems is a big plus in keeping your electricity bill down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Learning how to expertly work your thermostat is the best way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the cheaper your energy cost will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or turn it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can try several other things to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Think About Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and change the temp when you’re not around to help you save on your bills. You can also set the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you conclude it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 937-503-7896 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right fit for your space. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.