4 Tips for Saving Energy in Dayton This Summer
Spring is beautiful for a couple reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for fresh air and your energy bill is normally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not utilizing your furnace or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to climb, so do your energy bills. Here are a couple of tips for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a seasonal tune-up can help it run more efficiently and cut down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility bills less expensive.
If your cooling equipment has had better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in modern AC systems is a huge benefit for keeping your power charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to expertly work your thermostat is the smartest way to cut down on energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your home comfort expense will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or turn it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can take advantage of several other approaches to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it comes through windows. Keep your house cooler by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Think About Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and move the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy costs down. If you decide it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you choose the correct product for your space. And as always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
How to Find a Good HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more critical than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination influences your daily comfort, monthly utility expenditures and all-around home efficiency. But, with so many... Continue reading
Yearly HVAC Maintenance List
As soon as the air gets colder, you know it’s time to winterize your residence for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm environment. A well-maintained furnace supplies the comfort you crave while using less energy. Scheduled inspections also make... Continue reading
HVAC Trends: What’s New in 2024
In the continuously changing world of home comfort technologies, keeping up with the current HVAC trends is very important for homeowners who want to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. As we move into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing cutting-edge technologies and... Continue reading