What are the Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters?
With Earth Day right around the corner, you may be bombarded with recommendations to help “save the earth”. Well guess what? We’re here to add to the noise, but for a good purpose. Not only is a tankless water heater environmentally-friendly, it can cut the cost of your energy bills and outlast your ordinary tank heater. Seriously! We collected the best reasons you should buy a tankless water heater.
- Tax Rebates – Even though the initial cost can seem a bit daunting, qualifying tankless water heaters come with a federal tax rebate of around $300.
- Uninterrupted Heat – You know the feeling. The awful pain of cold water pelting against your back when the hot water runs out and you’re not done with your shower yet. Well guess what? Tankless water heaters do away with that trouble altogether because the hot water NEVER. RUNS. OUT.
- Lifespan – Tankless water heaters can outlive old, inefficient tank water heaters by five to ten years. The government rebate plus not having to replace your tankless water heater as often equals big savings.
- Efficiency –Tankless water heaters only need the necessary amount of energy to heat the amount of water you’re using, so they don’t waste energy heating water you don’t need. This amazing tidbit can save you up to 20% off your water heating costs. They also use less space since they can be installed on walls (or outdoors as long as you have an anti-freeze kit) and smaller tankless water heaters can even be placed under cabinets or in closets.
- No Flooding – No tank, no tank to crack, no flooding. Although a leak could happen as with any plumbing appliance or instrument, tankless water heaters won’t flood or cause water damage the way 50 gallons of water standing by waiting to be used will.
- So Fresh, So Clean – Since tankless water heaters don’t store water in a tank, you always have fresh, clean water that isn’t kept in a tank, which could have accumulated rust and scale.
If all these awesome reasons haven’t convinced you that a tankless water heater is the best option for your home, call Stevenson Service Experts today for a complimentary in-home analysis. We want to make sure you decide on the best water heating system for your needs to we’ll explain your options, inform you of all the facts, and be there when you’re ready to make a decision.