Planning regular AC maintenance is useful.
Service keeps your air conditioner system in Dayton running at peak performance while keeping energy needs small. It also might even help lengthen its life span.
While there are a few things you can complete by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Stevenson Service Experts, for AC examinations and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can take alone as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Maintenance Booked
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a hefty amount of home, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter weather approaching, it’s also a great idea to add AC tune-ups on that checklist.
Spring is a great time of year to get your air conditioning equipment freshened and inspected. Hesitating to flip it on until the first warm day of the season can be dicey. If you have to have service or installation, you could be waiting days for a tech. And that might become awfully unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being ahead of the game with a clean AC system will help assure the greatest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Additionally, AC service may be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up Alone?
There are procedures that you can complete to help keep your air conditioner unit in the prime state:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and may lower your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the type of filter you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you deal with allergies or have animals in your residence.
- Lawn work by the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open space. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your unit, as this might limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Stevenson Service Experts at 937-503-7896, the initial thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then we’ll start the finer details. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide safe cooling.
- Greasing to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially skip issues.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and obstructions.
- Fixing coil fins to stop limited airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to remove any accumulation from dirt and weeds.
- Examining controls to make sure your system is starting, running and shutting down properly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to confirm your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that require additional work, we are set to give you the most reasonable option. Pinpointing possible troubles early may solve more substantial problems later. This also provides you time to strategize if your equipment is getting older.
When you are looking for an updated air conditioner, our Experts will assist you to locate the right solution for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. Whatever your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to book your tune-up? Contact us at 937-503-7896 or schedule an appointment online right away.