There are tons of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Dayton. But, there’s also that big list of must-do’s before the cold weather comes. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are probably at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider handling early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment set up.
The team at Stevenson Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be performed at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the middle of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it done before the cold and crisp weather reaches Dayton, too. Take a peek at some of the top benefits of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make certain that your furnace works at its peak efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating bill.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to handle whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Dayton when it cools off.
- Decreases the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a chilly winter day is have your furnace go out, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to identify potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to create heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are critical to keeping your home safe through the winter.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if bigger problems occur later.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional bonuses, and getting furnace service done annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the cold season and save you time later because you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Stevenson Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Dayton, give us a call at 937-503-7896 or schedule an appointment with Stevenson Service Experts through our online scheduler.