It’s cold out there. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing temperatures. And while the Experts are always eager to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water connections.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks by outer walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not functioning, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Stevenson Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.