We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review the common heating problems Dayton homeowners often call Stevenson Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning about. Although there are potentially hundreds of causes why your Dayton home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Listed below are the top five problems that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat breaks causing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air circulation problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Old and clogged filters resulting in airflow and comfort problems
4. Problem with the furnace ignition or pilot light, resulting in sporadic or no heat
5. Lack of regular service may cause unexpected breakdowns, poor comfort or increased energy costs (plus a lot of homeowner frustration!)
All of these common issues can be resolved by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from Stevenson Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can quickly diagnose the problem area and make the necessary repairs. Having a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could prevent almost all heating problems that leaves your home with no heat or low comfort levels. When you get a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they operate correctly and at peak efficiency during the heating season. Vital items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also key elements to the tune-up process. Most importantly – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age may pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, especially if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a scheduled basis.
Contact Stevenson Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning of Dayton at to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.