How Are Your HVAC Habits Impacting Your Utility Bills?
No matter what the season outside in the U.S., the temperature in your space dictates how comfortable your family will be. Choose the right temp and your house will seem like a nice escape from it all. But if your climate control system isn’t working the way it should, you’ll know. And it won’t be fun.
It’s time for a detailed look at the way you’re handling your HVAC equipment. It might make the difference between a solid system or a problematic performer. Try this brief quiz from Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing to find out more.
- Summer is right around the corner in the U.S.. How do you prepare your air conditioner?
- Replace the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s ready.
- Bring in the pros for a seasonal tune-up.
- Not a thing. It will probably be fine.
- You’re having a get-together on a particularly warm night, but the AC isn’t working. What do you do?
- Instruct my guests to bring iced beverages.
- Call for an emergency repair to get it operating before anyone arrives.
- Turn on my fans and wish for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is aging. What happens when it’s time for an upgrade?
- Have my contractor to make the decision and fund it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and costs by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Go with the most intricate system currently available in the U.S..
- When you receive your next monthly electricity bill, what do you think you’ll find?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My HVAC charges have gotten expensive.
- It will be comparable to the bill for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I open it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are shocking.
- Your HVAC system is making a strange noise. What do you do first?
- Dig out my toolbox and use a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Book a skilled technician to check it out.
- Ignore it and pray it ends.
Now tally your results. If you answered mostly Bs, your home comfort habits are right on track. You’re taking care of your machine and you made a plan for down the road. But if you replied to any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you should make a couple of changes to help your HVAC perform more efficiently. Read below to discover how.
Better HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Set Up Annual Maintenance While swapping out your air filter and sprucing up your vents are useful tasks to ready your HVAC for a season change, a professional maintenance appointment is necessary to wrap up the process. During a maintenance visit, your Expert technician will complete a series of tasks that boost the energy efficiency professional will keep an eye out for more serious headaches for your system. That could save you a costly breakdown later in the season.
Work with a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even rigorously maintained HVAC systems can have issues on occasion. And it always seems to occur at the most inconvenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can fix the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program affords that crucial service to customers at no other cost.
Create a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Many home comfort systems can function for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Make a plan now to bypass last-minute pressure when your machine takes its final bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It offers you a new high-efficiency home comfort system with no up-front expenses. Even better, the program comes with free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and don’t ignore it when they dramatically change. Your electricity bills can present more than your monthly costs. If you’re noticing a regular increase in your costs but no change in home comfort, something is likely going on with your HVAC. A modern high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Act when you hear an odd noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than annoying. It illustrates something is amiss with your HVAC. Even if it’s a seemingly small issue, left without professional help it could make for a pricey repair in the future. Don’t try to regulate it yourself. Leave it to the pros to diagnose and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you quite a lot when you don’t manage it. If you work with these tips, you could save time, extra costs and disappointment. And if your system just isn’t cutting it anymore, consider selecting one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To find out more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!
How to Find a Good HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more critical than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination influences your daily comfort, monthly utility expenditures and all-around home efficiency. But, with so many... Continue reading
Yearly HVAC Maintenance List
As soon as the air gets colder, you know it’s time to winterize your residence for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm environment. A well-maintained furnace supplies the comfort you crave while using less energy. Scheduled inspections also make... Continue reading
HVAC Trends: What’s New in 2024
In the continuously changing world of home comfort technologies, keeping up with the current HVAC trends is very important for homeowners who want to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. As we move into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing cutting-edge technologies and... Continue reading