How Often Do I Need Air Conditioner Service in Dayton?
Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your AC unit suddenly goes out. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps climbing while you wait for a service technician to arrive. What a headache!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this problem. But how can you tell when it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has a problem? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC professionals recommend servicing it no less than once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, preventing potential issues and lengthening its life span.
As for which month on the calendar is best to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred time of year. This makes it possible for you to address growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioning runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring is past, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to maximizing cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An air conditioner tune-up is a comprehensive process involving various steps. This is why DIY repair is not recommended. Here are some key aspects of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service visit:
- Careful inspection: The technician visually examines your air conditioner for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other hardware to make certain your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Switching out the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals recommend doing this in your home every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your service Expert will run a test cycle to make sure the system fires up, operates and shuts down appropriately.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many homeowners ask themselves if routine maintenance is worth the investment. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit uses less electricity to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s easy to spot potential issues early when a technician carefully inspects your HVAC system every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Increased air quality: A clean air conditioning system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, regular AC service extends the life of your air conditioning system, saving you on untimely replacement costs.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility charges, sudden repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To optimize your savings, consider investing in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and spending plan. You’ll experience several benefits no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during high call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with discounts on new equipment with the Maintenance+ Plan
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one full year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, routine AC maintenance is very important for enhancing performance and delivering home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, if at all possible in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with qualified professionals, comprehensive maintenance plans and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your home cool and comfortable all year. To learn more or schedule your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.