Building a new home? Upgrading your present system? Whatever the reason why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you may shortly come to the conclusion that you have more choices than you originally thought. Go through this guide to help you weigh four different options so you can find the best air conditioner in Dayton.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people call to mind when they imagine air conditioning for the complete home. Central air conditioning transfers air to every room using a system of ducts and registers.
This may be right for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You want nearly silent, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In the summer, heat pumps operate similar to central air conditioners. Some models can also deliver heat when it’s cold.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- Your reside in a location with temperate weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for a single piece of equipment for full-year heating and cooling, as opposed to a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your home doesn’t utilize (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You’re seeking nearly noiseless, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet remains at an even 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump uses this ongoing source of energy with underground loops for excellent heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be ideal for you if:
- Your house utilizes ductwork.
- You’re looking for a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your home for the underground loops.
This is an additional style of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an indoor blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This could be right for you if:
- Your home, or a recent addition to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient method for heating and cooling individual spaces.
- You want to install zoning in your home.
Not sure which kind of air conditioner you should buy? Trust the Experts at Stevenson Service Experts for everything air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you choose the right one for your budget. Please contact us at 937-503-7896 to request an air conditioning replacement estimate right away.