What do turkey, toys and ugly socks have in common? Yes, you do want one of the three in your Christmas stocking – but seriously, these represent just a few of the ways that Service Experts branches in the U.S. and Canada are helping their communities this holiday season.
Whether it’s a Thanksgiving food drive, collecting toys for tots or accepting donations of warm winter wear (even the questionable socks your sister knitted for your birthday), many of our branches have come up with their own programs to help warm hearts as well as homes! Because we have more than 90 branches in the U.S. and Canada, donations quickly add up, allowing us to make a very significant impact in total.
Our customers benefit too, because many of the branches offer a discount off a tune-up or repair service in exchange for a donation.
Here are some of the special programs going on right now. Is there one that you can take advantage of?
- Southeast U.S. - Twelve centers in the Southeast have teamed up with Toys for Tots for the 2014 holiday season. From now through December 15, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning centers in the Southeast will give a free Precision Tune-Up (value $99) in exchange for a new, unwrapped toy. The twelve participating centers are:
- ALABAMA: Climate Control Service Experts, Mobile
- FLORIDA: Palm Beach Service Experts, West Palm Beach; Daytona Beach Service Experts, Daytona Beach; Fort Myers Service Experts, Fort Myers; Central Florida Service Experts, Cocoa; Ocala Service Experts, Ocala; Air Engineers Service Experts, Jacksonville; Miami Service Experts, Miami
- GEORGIA: Coastal Service Experts, Savannah GA
- SOUTH CAROLINA: Pardee Service Experts, Charleston; Epperson Service Experts, Hilton Head; Midland Service Experts, Columbia
- Austin, Texas: Strand Brothers Service Experts is standing up to hunger in Texas by collecting non-perishable and canned food from customers who wanted to donate on service and install calls (the customer gets $10 off). They collected through November 14, and all food will be delivered to the Capital Area Food Bank.
- Columbia, South Carolina and Orlando/Daytona, Florida: In October, in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Midland Air Service Experts in Columbia, South Carolina and Service Experts branches in Orlando and Daytona, FL matched customer donations made toward the Susan G. Komen Foundation. In Florida, Service Experts also sponsored water at a Race For The Cure event, and several teams walked in the race.
- Jackson, Mississippi: Comfortech Service Experts is helping bring warm meals to those in need by launching a Thanksgiving food drive benefitting Stewpot Community Services. We hope to help them 500 baskets. Homeowners will receive $10 off a service/repair call in exchange for a donation of canned or dry goods.
- Memphis: Service Experts has launched a holiday food drive benefitting Mid-South Food Bank. Technicians will convey all donations to the charity in time for Thanksgiving. Homeowners will receive $10 off a service/repair call in exchange for a donation of canned or dry goods.
- Oklahoma City: Gordon’s Service Experts has kicked off its Winter Wearable Drive, with all items being donated to Victory Family Church. Homeowners will receive $10 off a service call, including repairs and tune-ups, in exchange for a donation of a winter wearable item, such as hats, gloves, coats – even those famous ugly socks!
- Whitby, Ontario: Beginning the first week of September 2014, Limcan/Walker Certified Service Experts in Whitby, Ontario held a food drive called "Thanksgiving Match Up," where all food donated was matched by Limcan/Walker Certified. Nearly 800 pounds of food was delivered to the Salvation Army in Whitby in October, just in time for the Canadian Thanksgiving.