Air conditioners don’t last forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Dayton, you could be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are several aspects to consider, plus the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and enhances comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. An updated air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Stevenson Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and offer the right advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you get new systems together.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any major immediate consequences. A mismatched setup is frequently temporary until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything operates at peak efficiency, making your residence cozier and lowering your yearly energy bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have paid for an updated furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you may even qualify for an exclusive deal as you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Stevenson Service Experts. We realize the expense of replacing your total system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 937-503-7896 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.