Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Dayton, you may be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few aspects to consider, in addition to the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This saves energy and increases comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your house comfy. A modern air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Stevenson Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and offer the right advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you install both units simultaneously.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any major immediate drawbacks. A mismatched setup is frequently temporary until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at peak efficiency, making your residence cozier and lowering your long-term energy expenses.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for an updated furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at once. And you may even be eligible for an exclusive deal as you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Stevenson Service Experts. We realize the expense of replacing your total system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 937-503-7896 to get an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.