Benefits of Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature drops and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more frequently, you should also reach for your phone to arrange annual furnace maintenance. Being sure that your furnace operates at peak efficiency this winter enhances your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s a closer look at what this crucial yearly task involves and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Does Furnace Maintenance Involve?
A maintenance appointment is an easy way to get your heating system in good shape. Although the exact tasks depend on the brand and age of your furnace, you can normally expect your technician to complete the following:
- Inspect and clean the burner: Over time, dirt and debris can block the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it brings back optimal heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Confirming these valves are completely open and operating correctly is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Check the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can lead to carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s crucial to check that no cracks are present.
- Review and tighten electrical components: Loose connections can make your furnace unsafe and inefficient. The good thing is, tightening them is a fast and easy job.
- Clean the blower: A dirty blower has an effect on your furnace’s ability to move warm air around your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan assures appropriate airflow.
- Change the air filter: Clean air filters allow proper airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a dirty air filter in your furnace. Installing a brand-new air filter also increases indoor air quality if you install an efficient enough filtration system.
Why It’s Helpful to Schedule Annual Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace looks like it is running fine, is it still helpful to schedule a maintenance visit? Here are some of the ways furnace maintenance is beneficial:
- Lower the chance of mid-season failures: Nothing is worse than waking up on a cold winter morning to find your furnace has stopped working. Mid-season breakdowns are upsetting and can leave you scrambling to find someone to fix it. Annual furnace maintenance lowers the risk of unexpected issues because your technician examines every part of your system, catching minor issues before they turn into costly repairs.
- Lower repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the earlier you catch a problem, the less expensive it is to fix. By investing in affordable, planned maintenance visits, you can avoid costly, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Maximize your furnace’s service life: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives routine tune-ups will most likely last longer than an unattended heating system. Annual maintenance saves you the expense of early furnace replacement by lengthening your system’s life span.
- Improve energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system works a lot more efficiently. When all the parts are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your residence cozy. This lowers your energy bills and lessens your environmental impact.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air worsens allergies and respiratory problems. The air filter in your furnace captures dust, pollen and other airborne irritants to reduce these problems. During a maintenance visit, the heating professional will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air circulates through your home.
- Boosts safety: A failing furnace is not only inefficient, it’s also potentially dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or broken gas valves can lead to harmful carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has been examined for anything that could be dangerous should give you peace of mind this winter.
What Time of Year Should You Plan Your Maintenance Visit?
To reap the most benefits, it’s best to arrange annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill arrives. This gives you time to make sure any issues are attended to before you need to rely heavily on your heating system.
At-Home Furnace Maintenance Between Tune-Ups
While professional maintenance is essential, you can perform several tasks yourself so that your furnace runs smoothly between visits:
- Switch out the air filter every 30 to 90 days to increase airflow.
- Make sure all of your return and supply registers are open and free of obstructions for system balance.
- Vacuum the outside of the furnace with the brush attachment to keep it clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance appointment, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is a name you can trust. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting solutions to all your furnace and air conditioning problems. We’re proud to deliver solutions to everyone we can and focus on making a meaningful difference in your life and sense of comfort. We even offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee so you can feel even more comfortable. To set your heating system up for success this winter, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
How to Find a Good HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more critical than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination influences your daily comfort, monthly utility expenditures and all-around home efficiency. But, with so many... Continue reading
Yearly HVAC Maintenance List
As soon as the air gets colder, you know it’s time to winterize your residence for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm environment. A well-maintained furnace supplies the comfort you crave while using less energy. Scheduled inspections also make... Continue reading
HVAC Trends: What’s New in 2024
In the continuously changing world of home comfort technologies, keeping up with the current HVAC trends is very important for homeowners who want to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. As we move into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing cutting-edge technologies and... Continue reading