The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water looks clear, it could still carry toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people do not like the taste of tainted tap water and understand the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have clean drinking water at home.
If you want to safeguard your family’s health, you might first think about going the bottled water route. Unfortunately, this gets pricey soon. In addition, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, harming the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It can also supply healthier water more conveniently because you can get it right from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to capitalize on the benefits everywhere you use water in your home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, learn what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out harmful contaminants. Then, choose Stevenson Service Experts to help you find and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality varies by location, but some of the most prevalent contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that lawful water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap, furnishing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to enjoy. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of sediment in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can become concentrated in the water main following severe storms. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in urban settings. Sadly, this disinfectant can generate hazardous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. A few DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration solution. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more cloudy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and stick to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to come with steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s setup, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Stevenson Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to decrease water hardness, eliminate bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, straightforward and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Stevenson Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.