Your HVAC system is essential to home comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever malfunctioned on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with last minute repairs, high energy bills or home comfort problems. What if you could ensure a constant source of clean, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should think about enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to ask for tune-ups with Stevenson Service Experts, but we highly recommend signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Uncover small problems early: Issues with your home comfort system usually progress gradually. When a technician inspects the internal components annually, it’s possible to pinpoint and resolve little problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of equipment failures: By securing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the risk of an unexpected breakdown goes down.
- Smaller repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable cost that reduces the need for numerous major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that once-a-year maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Increase home comfort: When your HVAC system operates the way it should, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more manageable humidity in your home.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement equipment.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety inspection during every visit delivers peace of mind that your HVAC system is performing as intended.
- Maintain your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now shields you from pricey repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can often anticipate same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC agreement gives you access to the fastest installs possible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance reduces the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement grants a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are in some cases inevitable, but they can get costly fast. Luckily, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you disappointed, your technician will return to correct things.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Stevenson Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan provides and contact our staff to help you choose the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before signing up. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Stevenson Service Experts office today.