Pro AC Installation in Dayton Supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*
When you are looking for AC installation in Dayton, you should avoid skimping and letting just anybody put in your new unit.
That’s where the specialists from Stevenson Service Experts enter. Apart from the fact that we have the experience and certification to back up our quality air conditioning installation, we’ll give you a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Reach us at 937-503-7896 to set your AC installation right away.
5 Signs You Should Schedule Air Conditioning Installation
Your air conditioner will begin to give you subtle clues that it’s going out. Here are five of the most common ones.
- You frequently need repairs. As your air conditioner ages, it becomes less energy efficient and more prone to malfunctions. If we’re frequently at your residence for air conditioning repairs, you might be due for a new air conditioner.
- Repairs exceed more than half the cost of a new air conditioner. Repairs quickly add up. When they exceed more than half the cost of a new air conditioner, you should replace yours.
- Your air conditioner is older than 15 years old. With yearly air conditioning maintenance, your cooling system could run for 20 years. However, it’s recommended to start planning for replacement around the 15-year mark so it’s not unexpected.
- Your air conditioner runs on R22 refrigerant. If your air conditioner was installed earlier than 2010, it probably uses R22 refrigerant. This refrigerant is discontinued due to its negative effects on the ozone layer. Since R22 has been discontinued, resolving a refrigerant leak would be significant.
- You want to reduce your cooling bills. Selecting an ENERGY STAR® air conditioner and linking it with a smart thermostat is a wise method to spend less on electrical expenses. Even if you’re replacing an air conditioner that’s just 10 years old, the Department of Energy says a more efficient one could save you 20–40% on cooling expenses.
At Stevenson Service Experts, our Experts will partner with you to pick the right model for your budget. We’ll also conduct a Manual J Heating and Cooling Load to confirm right sizing.
We understand that needing a new air conditioner can be an unexpected situation you’re not totally financially prepped for. That’s why we offer flexible financing for qualified customers and our Service Experts Advantage Program™. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll have a new air conditioner. You won’t have to have a down payment, and installation costs, annual maintenance and repairs are all incorporated. Plus, you’ll get to hold on to any valuable manufacturer’s rebates.
As a valued Advantage Program member, you’ll also enjoy 24/7/365 priority service and no overtime or trip charges—ever!
What to Anticipate During Air Conditioner Installation
What makes us different from every other HVAC service company in Dayton? Here are a few of the steps we take when it’s time to install your equipment.
When our professional technicians are at your house, you can feel confident they’ll put in your new equipment for optimal energy efficiency. And they’ll leave your home and garden in an unchanged state as when they arrived.
Beyond that, you can feel confident knowing you’re partnering with a fully licensed, bonded and insured company.
- Neat installation—When the setup process requires us to step inside your home, we’ll wear shoe covers to shield your flooring from mud. We’ll also arrange drop cloths surrounding the installation spot to keep your floors protected from debris throughout our work.
- Outstanding service—Our Experts are NATE-certified. This indicates they’ve passed rigorous training to earn the most coveted technical licensing in HVAC.
- Attention to the small things—We’ll go over an installation list during the process to double-check each individual small detail is covered. We’ll also check your equipment is working properly and is up to local code before we finish the job. Once installation is completed, we’ll make sure you know how to use your new thermostat and unit.
- Periodic communication—We’ll communicate how the process is going and when you can expect us to be wrapped up.