How can I find carbon monoxide in my home?

Using a carbon monoxide detector in a central location is the recommended way to alert you of this deadly gas. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless and is deadly in heavy levels.

A carbon monoxide detector works like a smoke alarm. It monitors the air and sounds an alarm if carbon monoxide amounts are becoming dangerous. If possible, you should have at least one detector near each living area, or on each floor in your home. These detectors are best installed in tandem with our HVAC maintenance memberships, which keep your unit in top status and may help you avoid carbon monoxide in Dayton.