Stopping it from happening is the most critical place to start. Completing correct safety precautions will lower your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Dayton.
Here are a couple steps you can take to protect your family:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These things are safe when used right but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, since it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are working correctly, particularly your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by requesting regular furnace maintenance with Stevenson Service Experts.