Carbon monoxide (CO) is a clear, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by insufficient fuel combustion usually caused by insufficient oxygen. In your home, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not running correctly or have been installed improperly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces may also create carbon monoxide. CO is poisonous to the body and is deadly at high levels or with extended exposure.