Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Dayton
Furnace refusing to start? Reset button continually tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you irritated and chilly in Dayton, the Experts at Stevenson Service Experts can help.
Sometimes, you can take care of problems with your oil-burning furnace alone. There are a few things you can try before contacting us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be too low. Check that it’s on “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature stops your furnace when it discovers a problem. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is free of blockages. Once you’ve checked those things, only press the reset button once. Pressing it too many times could cause fuel oil to become concentrated and cause a fire once the furnace begins running.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be clogged and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s problems with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a couple of electric motor oil on them after disconnecting your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our professional service technicians. Call Stevenson Service Experts for oil furnace repair service when:
- Using the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely indicates there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be observed in the burner chamber
- Burner works but does not fire
- Other troubleshooting ideas don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Stevenson Service Experts can take care of the problem when your oil furnace won’t start.
Our technicians have gone through thorough testing to earn the most prestigious HVAC standard, NATE certification. They are well-equipped to handle most any heating repair. And all our services are backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Regular maintenance can help you avoid furnace repairs. Once we get your furnace running, Stevenson Service Experts technicians can recommend a membership plan that could reduce costly repairs and make your furnace run more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on heating costs.