End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Dayton Home
An ordinary home wastes 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water every year because of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters aren’t difficult to find. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or cracked water supply lines can go undetected for too long.
A water leak can be pricely. You’re paying for extra water you don’t need, and leaks can be catastrophic to your home.
That’s why it’s important to detect and fix the smallest leak.
Stevenson Service Experts is here to help you do just that. We have the knowledge for qualified leak detection and water line repair in Dayton.
6 Signs You May Have a Plumbing Leak
Finding and fixing leaks are the most routine calls we take for plumbing services. Repairing a leak ASAP can help you avoid costly water damage. Some leaks can be trickier to find than others, but there are several telltale signs that you need to contact a plumber in Dayton. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is higher than average.
- Your pipes often make thumping sounds.
- There are reddish stains in your tub, or your water is rust colored.
- Floors or walls appear moist or soft.
- You find water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s moist soil or erosion close to your house’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you suspect you have a leak but can’t find the proof, check your water meter:
- Ensure no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Check the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is usually a triangular dial or miniature silver disc. If the dial is moving, you may have a leak.
We can find the source of the leak and get it repaired before you spend more money or possibly damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the places water is used in your home, there are many areas you could find a leak.
Leaks can be started by broken seals around water connectors, rusty pipes, blockages and more.
They commonly happen:
- On water supply lines and connections under the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, especially models that are aging
- In hot- and cold-water hoses linked to your washing machine
If you find proof of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we endorse all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 937-503-7896 or schedule an appointment online.