Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are several quick things you can do to make sure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Check that the pump is positioned correctly and not leaning to one side as this can cause the pump to not turn on when needed.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, drop a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump runs and removes the water rapidly.
- In dry weather, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Stevenson Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of insurance to defend your home from water damage, depend on the Experts at Stevenson Service Experts to make sure yours is working like it should.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year. Talk with an Expert at 937-503-7896 or schedule an appointment online.